21 July, 2007

Back in Copenhagen

Howdy y'all! We're back in Copenhagen for the night, or two. We are going to Mette's house for dinner so we drove back this afternoon. I think my body is adjusting to the time change fairly well and I'm getting used to Danish time. Both days I have gotten up at 9:45 and stayed up pretty late. Jeff and I walked around Vejby during the day while Bjarne went to a wedding for another school teacher. We walked down to the beach and made a stroll through town, making a stop at the supermarket for orange juice and trail mix. All of the cottages are supposed to be for summer use only, and are taxed accordingly. But, some people stay longer than they are "supposed" to, Jeff and Bjarne included. Jeff showed me a quaint cottage on the beach going for a cool $1.2 million. Both of their homes have tripled in the last 5-8 years, so real estate is pretty good here too! Tomorrow we'll go sight seeing around town then possibly head back to the cottage. Either way, Monday I will take the long way back from the cottage on a solo coastal road, about 50 miles. Until later, B.



The front of the summer cottage

No comments: