19 July, 2007

Day 1 - Copenhagen, Denmark

I made it to Denmark! Jeff met me at the airport and we "trolleyed" the bike box on the train back to his apartment (condo). He rolled the suitcase while the front edge of the box rested on top of it. I said, "This is what it must look like when people move in Denmark, cause cars are rare!" After putting the bike together and Jeff fixed breakfast, we rode about 35 km total around town. I got to see quite a bit of the town in about 5 hours and it helped keep me awake! I've been up for almost 36 hours and almost "hit the wall" when we got back home. After a gin and tonic, I think I felt a little better! So we picked up dinner and then met Jeff's friend Mette for after dinner drinks at Tivoli. It's an amusement park that is very popular here, but much different than anything in the States. His pass gets you in to walk around and listen to concerts (when playing) and also to the restaurants and little diners/cafés, and the pass is good for every day. Tomorrow we will ride out to the summer cottage where we will meet Bjarne who is working on remodeling. It's a MAJOR renovation and sleeping arrangements will be ineresting as everything in the kitchen is in the bedrooms! Until later, Brian.

Cousin Jeff. Looks like he's on a News Boy, eh DT?

Marble Church

These "townie" bikes are free! Just put in 20 Crown and then return it to get your money back.

Not to sound like a pig, but beautiful women are on bikes EVERYWHERE!! And there are more women on bikes, then men. I think I found a few salt shakers! I love it!

Paris Hilton sighting for DD!



Tivoli Park

No comments: