20 July, 2007

Day 2 - Vejby, Denmark

Miles and miles and miles of cycling routes!!
Hello from the summer cottage! Jeff and I did a little more cykel touring around Copenhagen and then took the train north to Hillerød where I bought a TomTom. We figured out how to rig it up on my handlebar, but couldn't put it to test at the store. We went to King Christen the 4th's "hunting lodge" and did some sight-seeing there, but didn't go inside. Then rode the Regional Route number 32 to Vejby. It was a very nice 40 km ride, but you really have to watch for the signs that point you in the right direction. I know I'm going to have problems with that on future rides solo, but that will be part of the adventure. Hopefully TomTom will help! When we got to the cottage Bjarne fixed us up with water and our daily dose of gin and tonic, with green tea! I'm sure the tea makes it better for me! I was able to put our idea of rigging TomTom up and it worked. I don't expect to need this very often, but down the road I'm sure I will appreciate having it. Maybe it will help me find a Starbucks, or the closest watering hole!! We had a fine dinner on the rear patio and made a tour of the grounds. They have a really quaint place here and are doing a lot of work to fix it up. I recommended tearing the roof off and putting up some glu-lam beams for their ceiling joists and beams. The roof is sagging pretty bad, and they are already tearing off the ceiling boards to re-insulate, so they might as well do it now. Unfortunately, no salt shakers were found today.... :) Ciao
Nice "lodge"


Dinner is served! Bjarne and Jeff.

1 comment:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

so do you like copenhagen? we went there in 2004 and found it so expensive!!! and the people somewhat, hmmm, how shall i say it? not too helpful maybe? bless their hearts. ha ha

have fun!

smiles, bee