15 September, 2007

Quick tour of Hamburg

So, what do I think of Hamburg? Well, it.s very liberal, that.s for sure.... It.s an ok town, not bad, but not enough character for me. Or maybe that.s just the vibe I get. I don.t need to come back, but I wouldn.t pass it up if I had not been here before and was convenient to get to. I wouldn.t want someone to take my advice and not come, and really miss something that they would like. So do some homework before coming here and then do it! Ok, that.s the politically correct post. Make your own decision, basically! I am FINALLY at an internet cafe that allowed me to download some pictures. I didn.t go overboard, but have posted pictures from the last week or so. Check them out, hope you all enjoy. (3 hours later: for some FUSDIAFUIOING reason my pictures are deleted from 3-4 days below. I.m pissed, so I will just wait until I get to Copenhagen when I have time, and it won.t cost money. I am SO pissed....)

The old Parliament building.

St. Michel cathedral. The most distinguished building in Hamburg, and very large in stature. Much larger than it appears here. A view inside the cathedral. There was a children.s choir practicing when I got here. They were very good and the audience applauded!
A view from the top of St. Michel. The Parliament is on the left, and St. Peter.s cathedral in the middle.

"We.re in the red light district!"-Outkast

I DID NOT find this last night, but girls were here working, motioning me to just come and talk, I.m sure!

"Girls, girls, girls."-Mötley Crüe More establishments of ill repute! Bring your Euros, they.ll gladly swap you for their tickets!

2 comments:

amyjason said...

Tired of cathedrals, museums, and riding the train yet? You're probably tired of lugging around your bike. Cannot wait to see you soon!!! Hamburg looks pretty, even in the red light district.

Becky said...

Your pictures show how Europe has such variety - liberal and conservative at the same time. Two things that could be considered extreme opposites (churches and whore houses) existing side-by-side for hundreds of years. Like the big historical church in Amsterdam we saw surrounded by the red light district. "Things that make ya go hmmmm" (another song lyric to add to your collection!)