14 September, 2007

Hamburg-er in paradise!

Hello all from Hamburg! I couldn.t decide where to go last night when Joanna and I were discussing my options, so I just decided to come here. It was nice having some margaritas, burritos, chips and salsa and swap stories for another few too many hours, and drinks! But I did get up early enough this morning to make it to breakfast and head out the door and on the train. I went to the Information Booth here at the train station and they said there weren.t any rooms for the 30-40 Euros that I try and stick to, she said 190 was the cheapest..... Whatever! I was able to do it in Berlin, so I figured I could here as well. Low and behold there was an inexpensive Pension right next to the Ibis. But, I only have it for one night so will be surfing to find one for the next night or two. I.m in a great location and hate to move, but such is life! It looks like this will be my last stop before going to Copenhagen. I have made my way so far north, I am pretty close now and don.t really have an idea what else I could/want to see. I actually want to get back on the bike, but I think I.ll wait until I get back to Denmark and go without my bags, baby!

Sorry nothing interesting to report, although my guidebook does say something about peep shows and other interesting places to visit in the red light district. Are these places everywhere and is this shit legal??? I know it.s the old profession, but never knew it was so readily available, not that I have checked them out. And Becky can vouch! Ciao guys and gals!

2 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

Glad you are only going for the 'hamburg-er.' Onboard the ship in Istanbul. All is well. Be careful...xoxo, Mom

Becky said...

It is true, he is an innocent angel. (Ok Brian, now pay up! ha ha) Just kidding... Yes, I agree it is eye-opening what is accepted and openly available here. Makes us wonder sometimes if America should loosen up a little on some things - Seems to work well over here in Europe at least (but you still can't get a good burger like in the states IMHO!).