27 August, 2007

Truin' and screwin'

Off and away from Schwyz.

I'm not sure what was so funny, but Jeff spent a lot of time doing a damn good job truing my NEW wheel.
I don't think that a spoke should look like spaghetti, and most of the non-drive side looked like these....
And here is the video of how bad it was. With Kenny Rogers version of "You Picked A Fine Time To Leave Me LOOSE Wheel" playing in the background, sort of....
Off and away again, I hope my wheel lasts to the next train station....
On the way to Pragelpass.
Pragelpass off in the distant cradle.
This is what Becky and Jeff look like at the end of the day, climbing to their home. NO THANKS, get a car!
But the reward is well worth it! I'm up for adoption if you guys are taking!
Not a bad view at all!!
This is the way you go to dinner in Europe!

Jeff can true, I can screw, furniture that is! I hope it's a fair trade off, I was able to finish the ride yesterday and he gets a table, two chairs and a dresser put together while he's working to pay for them!!!

2 comments:

Jeff Grant said...

Thanks for screwin' my furniture while I'm away on a business trip! Much appreciated!!! Glad I could be a stand-in for Joe Gasser to make the wheel repair. What a stellar day of riding that was! Thanks for visiting us in two cities -- we've had a great time sharing in this adventure with you. I regret to say that we will not able to move to another city during your European wanderlusting, so you'll have to loop back around for another stay with the Hillseekers! Cheers, Jeff

Traveling Bells said...

Awww, I like the pic of you in your big boy pants, heading to dinner in style:-) Stay safe...love ya, Mom