31 August, 2007

Stage 17 - Zurich to Gersau - 95 km

Todaz.s mission accomplished+ (I.m back on a Euro kezboard...). Today I wanted to get about 100k back in the legs and test my rear wheel. I did both! Becky rode with me to Zug and got to experience a little of on road, on path, back on road, back on path, type of touring I have been doing. It started off with gravel on the path, so we got on the road. We happened to cross the path later on and got back on it. This goes on and on almost each day for me on this trip, but that.s why I say I.m never lost, I don.t really know where I.m going! So I headed south to Luzern and saw the old wooden bridge that makes it famous, or at least to me. I can also remember this bridge from '01. Then I had an awesome ride along the north part of the See (since they are a landlocked country, I think they call lakes the 'See', just to make them feel like they have SOME water). The road hugs the shore most of the way and it is a spectacular view of it closer to where I am staying now in Gersau! I would come back here for sure! The hostel is right on the water, but I came to the adjoining hotel (VERY nice) to have lunch and use the puter. I.m going back to take a swim and hang out by the water! Should be nice! Tomorrow will be a climbing day to Biastica (spelling?) as I head further south towards Lake Como. Until my next internet stop, ciao!
I got my days messed up when uploading, this is Gersau to Biasca, will fix later...

Somewhere in between Gersau and Schwyz

The first section of switchback climbs between Wassen and Andermatt, with lots of traffic.

The second section of climbs beyone Andermatt, Gotthardpass is out of the picture, but somewhere THAT way!

The last 3k of the climb to Gotthard, side road.

The rubber side down!

The many switchbacks on the 12k cobblestone decent after the top of the pass.

MOOOO!!!!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I’m glad I got at least a taste of the touring experience with you! And now I’ve got the bug to do more myself – It’s addictive, to never know what’s around the bend, but to know it’ll usually be something new and different… What a fun adventure. Glad you could spend part of your journey with us – You’re welcome back any time (since you’re so helpful around here, I think we could discuss that adoption idea :) ). Ciao!