29 August, 2007

Rain, rain, rain - Zurich

Becky and I were going to take off for Gersau today, but rain has socked us in. The forecast was for 90% chance, and it has lived up to that 100%! So I woke up late, had brunch, then went back for a ciesta. Now we are going to the Post to drop off my backpack and postcards, then meet Martina (Jeff's running partner in the Inferno race) for dinner. Hopefully we won't melt between now and then......

Yesterday we went to the bike shop and had them true my wheel. He didn't even ask when I wanted it back, he did it right then. I was very pleased with that! So then we rode into Zurich along the bike path and even went by Jeff's office at ING by chance. We had a nice sight seeing tour around the new city and old. I think the old has a lot of character, especially when you have a Starbucks on one corner and a Sex Shop on the other! Are we still in Amsterdam?? Then we rode back in a light rain shower and just chilled out here at the apartment, listening to some good Country music!

So my plan is to make it to Gersau tomorrow where we will stay at the youth hostel, then I will ride further south heading toward Italy. Becky will either ride back here or take the train, but this will probably be the last time I see them on this trip. Although I do think they should move to Berlin, or some place like that where I am heading! I will probably just dip into Italy at Lake Como then stay in St. Moritz on my way to Austria. So like I said from the beginning of this trip, the last few weeks are foot loose and fancy free. Thanks for riding along with me, it's great to have you all along.

No comments: