24 July, 2007

Copenhagen - Vejby - Copenhagen (C-V-C)


Today we went to the train station to TRY and reserve my overnight train to Amsterdam. Dad uses www.sbb.ch for checking train station routes, times, etc. I printed out what I thought was the correct connecting trains, but they informed me otherwise. Because I am traveling with a bike I have to take a totally different route and one that will take even longer..... We were about to reserve it when their computers went down! ARRRGGHHH! So I will book it tomorrow morning and hope I get my reservation. Then we drove back to the cottage, had lunch, then I took off for Copenhagen via the coastal route. I stopped by the train station in Helsingør, but to make a long story short, they said they couldn't reserve me because of the bike...... Damn bike! It was a fairly scenic route with the coast and slight tail wind, I made good time. 87 km, 3 hour ride time, 29.5 kmh. I know it's slower than the Pro Tour guys do K-B-K, but I had a good time and didn't run into any problems. TomTom (GPS for those who didn't know (Mom!)) helped me out a little, but it was easy as long as you kept the coast on your left. I did need it once I got into Copenhagen to find Jeff's apartment, so I'm glad I had it and it was a good test. I found a little better way to rig it on my handlebar. Thanks again to Rich for the handlebar bag, if I didn't have this specific bag I would probably have a hard time using TomTom! We went to Mette's again for dinner, but this time we all took it easy on the booze! Skål!!!! Which means cheers in Danish! Soon I'll be saying proost to my friends in Amsterdam! Ciao

1 comment:

BRC Racing said...

Glad the handlebar bag is being put to good use. You must have more equipment on that bike than the space shuttle! Good luck with the train schedules...

Rich