12 August, 2007

Stage 11 - Nesselwang to Bolsterland - 50 km


Bernd says thumbs up for HOOTERS. I couldn.t disagree. He really liked our fine dining establishment in the States!

Today was only 50k, but still a little tough fully loaded. Today was a true 'Gap' day, as there were more cyclists on the curvey roads in this area. I haven.t seen this many people riding since Amsterdam. And I may have pissed off a local after he passed me on a very steep decent. I do have to worry about pot holes, more than usual. But when I got on his wheel he didn.t look pleased. So, I passed him back and just put the hammer down! Now I am in a very quaint town overlooking the valley with large Alpine mountains surrounding me. This town is on a small plateau, but it was a grind to get up here! My very quick tour through the village awarded me lunch and being able to watch many dozens of paragliders. I may have to take dad.s advice and try it, tandem. The finish/start town of Sonthofen is about 8k north and I will go by there tomorrow and see if Phil and Paul are hanging around the finish. I spoke with Phil Liggett at the '03 Tour on Alpe d'Huez and he.s a really nice guy in person. I have a route mapped out on TT that says will be a 78 km loop and the Tour goes over the Reidbergpass around 16:00. I.m sure Versus isn.t carrying any live coverage, but look for me on Sunday! Time for dinner, ciao!
My view in Bolsterland. Not bad!

My first of MANY days watching paragliders. If anyone wants to send $150 so I can do this tandem, my address is.......


If anyone knows the significance of these totem poles, please let me know. With the dead X-mas tree on top, I can possibly guess, but these things are everywhere in Bavaria.

No comments: