19 August, 2007

Stages 15 & 16 - Meiringen to Thun - 95 km total


It.s getting late here, so I should retire for the evening. But here are some photos from the past few days, and also all other recent blogs have been updated with photos and editorials as needed. The Sommer family says hello!

Stage 14 - Meiringen to Murren - 45 km

My first view of Brienzer See. One of the two lakes on either side of Interlaken.
The Eiger, or Monch, or Jungfrau, not sure which.
I believe it is the Eiger and Monch.
Becky on our hike up the mountain!
Jeff and his new "running" partner, Martina from Zurich. I.m not exactly sure how you run straight uphill, but he was still happy doing it by this point in Murren. I was very impressed with his 14 hour overall time.
The Schiltorn finish line of the Inferno race, as it is called. I am glad the tram ride up was free today, otherwise 70 Franc is pretty steep. Pun intended!
The last few meters before the top and finish line! :( That looks STEEP, and if you fall, it.s into the abyss below the clouds!
The two competitors, and me, enjoying a post race 'carbo load'!

Stage 15 - Murren to Thun - 50 km

Susan, Sarah, Christian, Adrian, Miriam
I can remember this fall vividly from my first visit to Lauterbrunnen in '01. But with the amount of rain they have had this year, the fall was exceptionally grand!
I thought my trek to Thun would be pretty flat, but I took the northern route across Thuner See instead. I was at 'See' level about 8 km ago, today was more challenging than I thought it would be for only 50k!

2 comments:

Traveling Bells said...

Glad you made it safely to Thun. Nice to see Adi's smiling face. Know you will enjoy great hospitality with the Sommer Family. I recently saw the picture taken of Adi, Dad and me in Interlaken last December:-) Schilthorn looks a bit different w/o snow there! Hi to all...xoxo, Mom

Haley D. said...

Great photos! Give Adi a big hug from us- he looks great in the picture. Love you!