21 August, 2007

Greetings from Thun

Ahhhhh, it is so nice to see familiar faces and to RELAX! My legs are in need of attention, so I have a massage appointment for tomorrow and I.m looking forward to it! Yesterday was rain, rain, and more rain. A great day to stay inside. The only time I got out was to go with Adi to walk the dogs, Talla and Falno. Talla is a sweet black (but actually tan) lab, and Falno is a vivacious Collie. He.s a hard one to tame, but Adi gets that task! Today I went into town and bought two books (James Patterson, thanks TNV!), got my hairs cut, walked around a bit, stopped at the bike shop (service set up for Friday), had a big lunch with Adi and Susan, walked the property that Adi hunts for deer and wild mountain goats, drove around looking for signs of wildlife (reminded me of many times driving around Union County with Jason, looking for deer, or the next great 'Blue Hole'), saw a deer and a fox, got back and read my book some more (already half way through the first one), and now having a drink and enjoying the view from the upstairs window overlooking Thuner See! Tomorrow we will go into town for dinner, then Thursday I will go to Bern to see Christian and Rolf. Friday I am fortunate enough to be in town for dinner at SusAdi Restaurant! Susan and Adi put on dinner for any of 16 people that sign up in time, three times a month! Susan has 'pimped' me out, so I have a date! I am in for a real treat, because so far it has been like eating at a restaurant with them. They are both experts at searching for 'shrooms, good 'shrooms, the kind you eat! We had mushroom crepes for dinner last night and they were fantastic! Sunday I will leave for Zurich to visit with the Grant.s.

For those wondering, the Sommer and Bell family go back 15 years. Adrian.s son, Sven Martin Sommer, was our guest as an exchange student in 1993. And yes, he is a proud gradiet of Onion County High! We visited his family in the winter of '94, and it was my first trip to Europe. Now my 5th time back, and 3rd to Switzerland, it only gets better with age! Unfortunately Sven is no longer with us on this Earth, but in a place that God intended him to be. I feel fortunate to have known him, and to be a part of his family as well. Here.s to you all that are reading and the ones you love. Cheers, Sven!

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

We love you, Brian & Sven!!!!!

Your big sis

Joy said...

Well, this one made me cry. Brian, you are so super! Enjoy the time with Adi & Susan - and the good food. Give them a hug from me, too.
And some for you!
Love, Joy